November 11, 2016

DIY Doll Record Player

Hi, everyone! Moana loves to listen to old records. We made her a record player for her room!

I had a little fabric box that was just the right size for a record player. I wanted the actual player to be up higher than the bottom of the box, so I folded a towel and placed it in the box.

The box had a little hard base for the inside to keep it standing, so I put the base on top of the towel.

I traced the base onto some cardboard and cut it out.

I also traced my record onto cardboard and cut it out. This record is from the Our Generation ukulele set.

I placed the record shaped cutout onto the base shaped cutout. I also added a rectangle shape on the side.

I decided to paint the parts to match the box.

I stuck a brad through the middle of the record player and the base. This enables the turntable to spin.

I also glued the rectangle piece on.

I added two more brads to look like buttons.

Using foam, a paper clip, and some cardboard, I made the piece that plays the music. The foam is glued to a brad so that it can turn. The paper clip wire is pushed into the foam and the cardboard piece.

For the finishing touch, I sewed a pouch on the top to hold records.

Here it is in Moana's room!



Hopefully, we'll have her room tour completed for you by next week, so stay tuned!

May all of your dreams come true! ~Cindy Rose

2 comments:

  1. Moana's record player is so cute...Love it! I can't wait to see her room tour!

    ReplyDelete