September 5, 2016

Labor Day Weekend 2016 (a guest post by Rory)

Hello, my lovelies! This is Rory!

 Anna Catherine took me with her to visit her aunt and uncle for Labor Day. We headed out on Friday afternoon and had to drive several hours to their home in Alabama.

The weather was absolutely beautiful for most of the trip!

We took a stop on the way at a farmer's market. Look at this ginormous cow! You can just barely see me right in front of the sign.

This was a fun place to stretch our legs!

Inside the market, there was this beautiful picture for sale. I would LOVE to get Punzie to replicate something like this for me! I think that'll be her next project. ☺

There was lots of fruit and vegetables all around.

Good smelling things are a weakness of mine.

This one smelled just like apple pie!

 This old fashioned telephone was so cute. ☺


Look at this pretty cash register! (I'm not sure if this place was supposed to be a tourist trap, but it sure trapped us! I happen to be a huge fan of tourist traps. Everyone can always tell I'm a tourist because I take pictures of e v e r y t h i n g. ☺)

The weather was so nice for a long time.

We did run into Hurricane Hermine on the way there. Fortunately, it passed over very quickly and we were in no danger. This was the second time I was in the middle of Hermine. At my house on Thursday, it passed by when I was asleep and I woke up on Friday morning to bright and sunny skies!

We arrived safely that night and had a good night's rest. On Saturday morning, we headed out to go eat and shop!

We went to this fantastic restaurant for lunch.

It's really good!

After lunch, we went to my favorite thrift store. Here's a picture of some teeny tiny mountains nearby. I love mountains. ♥

On Sunday we tried to go to church, but we had some car trouble on the way. Instead, we came back to the house and got ready for lunch. We also got to go swimming in the pool, which was so much fun!

One thing I really liked is that you can't see any houses from there. The house is basically in the middle of the woods. It feels so secluded and magical. ♥

This morning, we stopped by Anna Catherine's cousin's house on our way home. There's a golf course nearby with a lovely pond.

So many rooftops!

We stopped by my very favorite tourist trap for lunch on the way home: Peach Park!

As the name states, it's full of peaches.

It was so cute and old fashioned inside!

There's even a giant peach! No, we didn't see James anywhere. ☺

This tractor was so cute!

There's a little lunchroom inside. This is the view from the back window!

I love the cups. Peaches are my very favorite fruit!

After lunch, Anna Catherine and I shared a peach ice cream cone! It was divine. ♥ Peach Park was by far the highlight of my trip!

Almost home!

I love travelling!

Au revoir! -Rory Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment