July 15, 2015

The Doll Mag Book Club: Anne of Green Gables, Chapters 1-5


   Hello, everyone!   My friends over at Doll Mag are hosting a summer book club, and I decided to join in on the fun!   This summer's book is Anne of Green Gables.   I'm enjoying reading this lovely classic to my sisters!   Here are my thoughts on our discussion questions.   (Warning, there may be spoilers ahead!)

1. What do you think of the characters so far, particularly Anne, Marilla, and Matthew?
Anne is my personal favorite!   Being a naturally cheery and imaginative person, I enjoy reading about Anne's personality.   Matthew is a close second.   He reminds me of my sister Punzie, who's always very quiet and listens to whatever you have to say.   I'm not sure what to think of Marilla!

2. What do predict will happen next given the events of the first five chapters?
I'm not sure!   I'm so worried that Marilla won't keep Anne!   I don't want to see Anne go back to the orphan asylum after all she's been through.

3. Do you like the small town setting and historical aspect of the story?
I love it!   Living in a small town myself, I find it very charming.   Also, I like that it's set in such a beautiful place.      I looked up some pictures of Prince Edward Island and it's simply lovely!


May all of your dreams come true,
Cindy (or Cordelia) Rose

2 comments: