September 16, 2015

The Doll Mag Book Club: Anne of Green Gables, Chapters 25-30


1. Ever since she came to Avonlea, Anne has been yearning for puffed sleeves of her own. What did you think about Matthew giving her a fancy dress with them for the holidays?
Matthew was so sweet to think of Anne!   I didn't think of him as the type to notice fashion sorts of things, so I was pleasantly surprised when he was the one to give Anne the dress!   I'm sure Anne was very grateful to him for the lovely gift.   ☺

2. Anne’s imagination is a staple throughout the entire book, as shown in the story club chapter. What are your thoughts on her and Diana’s latest hobby?
A story club is a great idea!   It's going to help the girls become better writers and creatives.   Anne seems to think that she is the best writer in the club, but I think that possibly Anne needs to humble herself a bit and learn from the other's strong points, too.   From what I've read about Anne's stories, they seem to be a bit over-dramatic.

3. In this section of chapters, Anne finally decides to change her red hair. What did you think of the unexpected results?
Poor Anne!   In the end, this experience was best for Anne.   Anne has lots of trouble with behavior only because of her upbringing, but now I think she will be less vain.   I sometimes get frustrated when I read this book because Anne seems to make mistake after mistake, but then I remember how many mistakes I've made in my life!   This book, while mainly entertainment, also reminds me to humble myself.

4. Anne and Gilbert Blythe meet again when Anne and her friends decide to reenact Elaine. What are your thoughts on Anne’s boat ride and Gilbert’s apology? 
I know I said that I didn't like Gilbert, but now  I think that I have changed my mind.   I've noticed that since the "accident," he's been very repentant and reserved.   I think he truly didn't realize how his actions hurt people until Anne called him out.   He really, REALLY likes Anne.   Anne is just back to her old stubborn ways and refusing to forgive him.  Poor Gilbert!

No comments:

Post a Comment