September 23, 2015

DIY Doll Decor: Fall Acorn Jar

Happy Autumnal Equinox, everyone!   I have another fall tutorial for you today.   One of my favorite fall activities is going outside and finding pretty acorns with my sisters.   Of course, the acorns usually never get used and just cause more clutter in the house.   This year, I decided to change that.   Here's what I did with the acorns my sisters and I found:

First, I cleaned them.   (I'm a clean freak, remember?)

Next, I painted most of the caps with sparkly nail polish.   I found that a toe spacer was a great way to keep the acorns still while painting!

Let them dry.

For a pop of color, I wadded up one of my fall napkins and stuffed it down into a clean baby food jar.   I also added a few drops of my handy-dandy orange essential oil into the napkin.

After the napkin and acorns have dried, put the acorns into the jar.

Tie some twine around the neck of your jar for a rustic effect!

I'm happy to check this off my fall checklist!   ☺

What do you plan to do this fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment