January 26, 2015

Cinderella stories that you need to see!

   Cinderella is (obviously) my favorite Disney movie of all time, but there are LOTS of other adaptions of this timeless classic!   I have seen (or listened to) quite a few Cinderella stories that are just as worth the watch!   Here are some that I have seen:

This is the only movie that I will ever recommend that does not follow its book.   Ella Enchanted is a hilarious tale of magic, bravery, and love.   Ella is a much stronger character than most people perceive that Cinderella is, which I like.   (Plus, you can't go wrong when Anne Hathaway is playing the lead, am I right?   ☺)

Okay, so I haven't actually watched this one, but I have listened to the Broadway soundtrack repeatedly!   Roger's and Hammerstien's Cinderella is a lovely adaption of the Brothers Grimm story which sticks close to the original.   The songs are gorgeous, and the pictures I have seen of the costumes are amazing!

This movie holds (almost) all the magic of its Broadway play!    Into the Woods has many stories that it follows, but my favorite is Cinderella.   Cinderella is an adventurous girl that makes friends with birds and dances with princes.    This movie, however, cut out a lot of songs and storylines from the play, and there are a few scenes not fit for a younger audience.   So, maybe three stars?   ☺

And now, the movie you've all been waiting for...   ☺   Cinderella is a live action version of the original Disney classic! From every trailer I have watched, it seems like they have succeeded at doing the original justice.   All of the iconic moments from the 1950 film play a part, and just look at those amazing glass slippers!

May all of your dreams come true,
Cindy Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment