December 2, 2016

Goodbye

I'm sad to say that this blog has finally reached its end. This is a very hard decision for me to make, as I have been blogging here for almost three years. However, my life has recently gotten a lot busier. I've been accepted to a university that I really like, and right now, my main goal is getting accepted into their school of music and finding the funds to make going there possible. I've already backed out of several things to make time for school and choir this year, and if I go to this college anyways, blogging will be impossible. I won't be home and it's hard to make room for eleven dolls in a dorm. Even if I don't end up going to this school, I know college in general will have me bogged down with everything.
I'm not sure what comes next for my dolls. I still love crafting for them and playing with them. I know, however, that if I make myself keep blogging here the more important aspects of my life will suffer. Besides, making original content is getting harder and harder. I love the blog posts where I bring my dolls on trips, but creating such posts is difficult and make my experience less enjoyable. There's a trip coming up next year that I'd LOVE to take one of the dolls on, but I know that if I do I won't enjoy the trip as much. Crafting posts also take a lot of time. Birthday and holiday posts not only take a lot of research as to what theme the party is to be, but also take a lot of my personal funds for my doll's "birthday presents."
I really love blogging, truly. It's just become another thing on a long list of things to do. I'm so busy and stressed that I know that my personal life will suffer if I continue. I think this decision is for the best. The blog will still be available for everyone to see. All our old crafts and photoshoots will still be available, but I won't be posting anything new. I really enjoyed blogging, and I'm so grateful for all of the new friends I met along the way!

-Anna Catherine

8 comments:

  1. Awww... Don't worry! If you feel like if blogging is forced then it's OK! Good Luck on college! I wish you the best for the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear that you're going, but I'm thrilled to hear about your college adventures and upcoming journey into the "real world." I hope you'll stay in touch! Your one of my best "blogging buddies" and I've really enjoyed your content. Good luck in college, music, and life! God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meg! You're one of my best "blogging buddies," too. ♥

      Delete
  3. Aw. :) I'll miss your posts, but I think you made the right decision! Good luck!
    Will you still post on your other blog? :)

    -Clara <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Anna Catherine,
    I have only now discovered your blog and I am so pleased that you didn't remove it. While it's still here in the blogasphere there is still hope for us who read and enjoy it. Perhaps, when you are older and have completed your schooling, you may return to blog about dolls once more.
    Good Luck and have a wonderful journey!
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I’d love to return to blogging soon, but I’m bogged down with school at the moment. :) I do have a doll Instagram that I update every once in a great while @thedisneydolls_cindyrose

      Delete